Happy Friday! This is a special day for our family because today is little nuggets first birthday. We have some fun things planned these next few days even though the weather here is insanely hot and humid! I'm talking heat like I don't remember the last time I felt this.
Of course it would happen on the weekend we plan his nautical pool party, because why would it be any other way? All I keep telling myself is at least there is a pool, and air conditioning if people want to sit inside. But weather aside, not much I can do about that...I'm even more excited because I took off today and long weekends are always a beautiful thing!
This week my favorites are going to be all about my little nugget. And really, how could they not?
1. My little man: you precious boy, I just can't get enough of you. I have to be honest, before you were born I was really nervous wondering how I would be able to juggle everything between you and your brother. Sad to admit, I was also afraid and unsure of how I was going to be able to love both of you the same. But, as soon as you were born there was a space in my heart that I never knew existed that you filled right up with more love and joy than I ever could have imagined.
2. Mr. personality: your little personality is really shining through. It's so much fun to watch you dance, stand up, and see those wobbling steps. I'm pretty sure that any day now we are going to look over and see you walking around. You love eating your food, actually that might be an understatement. You really love food. You definitely got a taste of things a lot sooner than your brother did but we still managed to save your first bite of cake for your big day. You love playing with trucks, feeding your doggy, getting into things you shouldn't, and watching your big brother's every move. Your laugh is contagious and one of the best sounds in the world, and your smile just lights up the room.
3. What makes you you: my sweet boy, I want you to know that you will always have so much to offer. No matter how alike or different you and your brother may be, you are unique in your own way. You already have such a kind loving side to you and I about melt every time you lean in to give me a sloppy wet kiss. And those curls! Baby boy, those handsome curls. They have people stopping us on the street commenting on your hair. Never forget how much you are loved.
4. Our prayer: little love we know this world is not easy and often times it worries me to think what it will be like when you get older and the things you and your children will have to deal with. What we can do is continue to pray, and trust and believe, that God has big plans for you. That daddy and I will try to lead and guide you in the best direction and that you will always try to do the right thing. And when you don't, we will be there to help you through life's ups and downs.
5. Brotherly love: it isn't always going to be easy being the little brother, but we can already see that it looks like you won't have a problem holding your own. Our hope and prayer is that you and your brother will have an everlasting bond and an unconditional love for one another. It breaks my heart to see and hear about siblings who don't get along or don't have a relationship. May you and your brother always have respect for each other and a willingness to say you are sorry when something may go wrong. We love you both so much and look forward to our adventures together.
Have a great weekend everyone and try to stay cool. I'm hoping to share some party highlights next week so be sure to check back. And if you're in the market for an adorable onesie be sure to check out where I got this one from.