Happy Friday!! I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving. I'm sure we probably all ate too much but isn't it so worth it?! I'll be working on sharing our Thanksgiving fun next week, but for now I'm sharing 5 things I'm thankful for.
It was actually pretty hard to narrow this down because we really do have so much to be thankful for (the list goes on, house, food, health, job and so on). Even though life can throw us some ups and downs I'm a firm believer in trying to look past all of that and remember to be thankful for something.
I've tried to make this more of a daily practice instead of just remembering to be thankful around this time of year. I find it helps me to be happier and enjoying things a little more. Don't get me wrong I still have my days where I need some sense knocked into me. But, if I see a beautiful sunset I try to take a moment and thank God for His beautiful art work. I get stuck at a red light when I'm already running behind (never fails) I take a moment to be thankful because maybe an accident would've happened ahead. It's not always easy and I wasn't always like this, but realizing life should be enjoyed and switching your focus to appreciate the beauty that's around us helps make every day a little more special.
1. Faith: even though I had a hard time narrowing down my list this was a given for me and without a doubt at the top of my list. My faith in God and the plans He has for our lives is so important to me and really is the best relationship I could ever have. I don't "preach" on here often because I've always been very respectful of other peoples beliefs but this is something near and dear to me and something I wanted to share.
2. Family: how could I leave this off the list?! My family is everything. I am beyond thankful for my two greatest treasures and my loving husband. I'm also thankful for my parents, my brothers, and sister. The list just goes on with my in-laws, cousins, aunts and uncles. Even though we aren't always with each other since two of my brothers and my two brother in-laws are off in different states. It only makes the time we do have together even more special and we sure make some great memories.
3. Friends: I've had a lot of friends come and go in my life but there are a few that have truly shown me the meaning of friendship. We may be at different points in our lives but these women are amazing and I know that at any hour of the day I can count on them. Most importantly they have extended their friendship to my boys and have always gone above and beyond to show them love and are respectful around them. We always have the best time together and every chance we get to hang out means so much to me.
4. Vacations: I am so thankful for vacations and the opportunity to get out and see the world. Growing up we never really went on vacations. If we did they were small trips here and there but my first plane ride wasn't until my senior class trip in high school. My parents did what they could for us but with 5 kids elaborate vacations weren't always a possibility. I wouldn't say I felt deprived but I knew that when I could provide for myself vacationing was at the top of my list. We love our time away both as a family and as a couple. It's great to disconnect for the everyday and reconnect with some amazing memories. We've been very blessed to go on some really fun trips this year like my Chicago trip with my sister, California with Eric, and our family trips to the Dominican and Disney.
5. Cameras: this last one might sound silly but I am really thankful for my camera. Without my camera all of these moments would just be a memory, but now I get to look back and relive them over and over again. Looking back at pictures from when I was younger is one of my favorite things to do, but there aren't very many of them. It was a day and age where you had to take your film to get developed, nothing was digital, sometimes you lost your throw away camera, and if you were lucky enough to have your parents organize an album then you got a glimpse of some of those memories. Remember those days? Now everything is so instant and sharable and I kind of love it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! We'll be enjoying our 2nd Elf on The Shelf welcome breakfast and decking the halls in our home. For more Friday fun check out where I'm linking.