Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all had a great week filled with lots of love and happiness. Now that Valentine's Day is over I'm even more ready for spring and some warmer weather. I think we're supposed to get a taste of it this weekend with temperatures expected to be in the 50's. I will gladly take anything above freezing.
I'm really looking forward to a laid back weekend and hopefully spending some time outside. The only real plans we have are to take the nuggets to see the Harlem Globetrotters. I've never been before but I hear it's a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll be sharing some shenanigans on my instastories if you want to check it out.
Here's a look at some of my favorites from the week...
1. Valentine's Day: we did some celebrating over the weekend with the nuggets so we weren't planning on doing much on actual Valentine's Day. In fact, all the years that we've been together we never really do much on the actual day. Things are a little different now that we have the kids so I treated them to a special little breakfast before we headed out for the day.
Eric ended up surprising me when he arranged for a sitter and we got to enjoy a dinner out at a local Italian restaurant. We never really do gifts for each other, but one thing he does know is that I do love fresh flowers and won't really ever turn them down. It was a nice treat when he came home with a bouquet of them that included gerbera daisies that were part of our wedding flowers. My mom also got me roses and had the boys give them to me. Melt my heart. But, not long after the picture below did they decide it was more fun to use them as swords and knock all of the petals off. Luckily I still had 10 others to admire.
Funny enough, both Eric and I got each other cards with some lottery tickets, because hey, you never know. Well unfortunately he didn't win on the scratch offs I got him but...I happened to win $200 on mine! Whoop whoop! This Momma's getting a new pair of shoes and I have my eye (ha ha) on some sunnies. Continue reading for more about that...
2. 18 months: I can't believe my little nugget is already 18 months. Well, I kind of can because sadly I have been saying he's been 18 months for probably the past four months now. Especially now with having two nuggets, keeping track of how many months he is after his first birthday is no easy task. Some days I barely even know what day it is. I was never really one of those mom's that went around saying my kid was 27 and 1/2 months and knowing everything down to the wire (major props if that's you). But at what point to do you stop? I kept track (well tried to at least) up until his first birthday and then after that he's either a year, 18 months, or in the next month or so I'll probably just starting saying he'll be two soon. Two?! Ugh, where is the time going :(
He's at a really cute stage right now where his little personality is really coming alive. He sure knows how to use the word no a little too often, and wants to do everything his big brother does. He is a dancing machine and loves to pick up a book and act like he's reading. He still calls water agua and he's now onto saying zapatos and huevos. Side note, we are not bilingual (although I wish we were). He has a few kids in his daycare class that are and he's really picking things up from them.
3. Ice carnival: I shared earlier this week that we took the kids to an ice carnival over the weekend to celebrate Valentine's day with them. It was one of the coolest (no pun intended) things I have ever seen. That ice slide was awesome and the carousel made out of ice was magical. I hope they have this again next year because it's something I would definitely check out again.
4. Wide angle lens: I finally bit the bullet and purchased a wide angle lens. For what I need it for, it is life changing. No more straddling the tub and doing some crazy acrobatics just to try and fit a smaller space all in the frame. Eventually once I get better at lighting (it has to get better at some point, right?) and all that good stuff, I have contemplated looking into real estate photography. In the meantime, here are a few pictures of the finished kitchen over at our investment property. I am happy to say that within the first three days of us putting it up for rent we got an overwhelming response of interest and over 50 potential tenants contacted us. We've since pulled the listing down and will be making our decision by the end of the week.
5. Treat yo self: ok, so onto the fun stuff, shoes and shopping. I know I mentioned my little Valentine's Day winnings and what's a girl to do with some extra cash? Shoes, of course. I purchased these pineapple soludos last year before our vacation to the Dominican, and I think a lot of other bloggers will agree with me that these are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes ever. They have so many fun designs that it was hard to narrow them down. I was between these flamingo ones or the orange slice ones. I ended up going with the orange slices, and like I did before I sized up because they do run a little small (at least for me). Now I'm thinking I might need the flamingo ones in my life too, or how cute are these lips sneakers?!
I'm also thinking about getting another pair of sunnies because my cheapy pair of blue mirrored ones I had I ended up breaking. I'm a big fan of Quay sunglasses and Bloomingdale's is currently having a sale (extra 20% off with code newarrivals). Any chance to get some extra money off and I am one happy shopper. But of course I'm torn between two pairs and can't make up my mind. I'm thinking these or these?!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! You all know I'm linking up with some of my favorite bloggers not just on Friday but throughout the week. Check out where I enjoy linking and join in on the fun.